Rich Chocolate Cake with Strawberries, Gluten-Free
Mix the following ingredients for baking the cake:
- 300gr (2 cups) of rice flour (or other wheat-free flour),
- 200 gr of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 300g/2 cups of broken plain/semi-sweet chocolate or 150g/1 cup of dark (or 150g/ 1 cup of milk chocolate), plus extra to decorate (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr of salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- 200 gr of boiling/hot water
I put all this into blender and mix.
Grease the tin for baking with cube of butter.
Bake for 45-50 min on 180 C.
After you take the cake out of the oven it will collapse in on itself or you can use a knife. Let it cool for few hours on a cake plate. It’s okay if the cake has slightly rough around the edges and cracks. The chocolate glaze and strawberries will hide it!
To top the cake:
- melt on a very low temp. 50gr of chocolate for the glaze [chocolate cubes, tablespoon of water, tablespoon of coconut oil (regular can work as well)]. Spread the glaze over the cake in thin chocolate layer.
- add immediately coconut flour (flakes) to merge hot chocolate layer with delicate coconut flakes. Flakes soak into the chocolate glaze perfectly!
- when you are ready to serve, add fresh strawberries on the top of the cake. I cut them on half. You can also use raspberries, or any other berries on top.