Rich Chocolate Cake with Strawberries, Gluten-Free
Mix the following ingredients for baking the cake:
- 300gr (2 cups) of rice flour (or other wheat-free flour),
- 200 gr of brown sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 300g/2 cups of broken plain/semi-sweet chocolate or 150g/1 cup of dark (or 150g/ 1 cup of milk chocolate), plus extra to decorate (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr of salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- 200 gr of boiling/hot water
I put all this into blender and mix.
Grease the tin for baking with cube of butter.
Bake for 45-50 min on 180 C.
After you take the cake out of the oven it will collapse in on itself or you can use a knife. Let it cool for few hours on a cake plate. It’s okay if the cake has slightly rough around the edges and cracks. The chocolate glaze and strawberries will hide it!
To top the cake:
- melt on a very low temp. 50gr of chocolate for the glaze [chocolate cubes, tablespoon of water, tablespoon of coconut oil (regular can work as well)]. Spread the glaze over the cake in thin chocolate layer.
- add immediately coconut flour (flakes) to merge hot chocolate layer with delicate coconut flakes. Flakes soak into the chocolate glaze perfectly!
- when you are ready to serve, add fresh strawberries on the top of the cake. I cut them on half. You can also use raspberries, or any other berries on top.
A Secret Code to the Cosmos is Hidden in the Light -
The entire Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey series is dedicated to exploring how we discovered different laws of nature and explaining how scientists found our Earthly coordinates in space and time in relation to the universe and created a vision of the cosmos.
happy spring! little treats: my new #moleskine #notebook #minniemouse #gift, and new t-shirt
danica’s miscellanea turned 6 today!
detail, #Park #Güell #barcelona #architecture
life at the beach. Sunday afternoon at #barceloneta #barcelona
Moll de la Fusta #barcelona #harbour #beach #sea #vista
Generation Marc Jacobs -
The only way to pay was with social-media posts, what the brand called “social currency.” The woman at the checkout counter asked, “All set with your hashtag?”
Any properly hashtagged post got you a small bottle of Daisy, whether you had one follower or were clearing Hillary Clinton numbers. “Anyone with a smartphone can do it,” Park, the pregnant teacher, said.
an afternoon cappuccino